Sanitary Sewer Connection Permit Application
Before completing this application property owners need to be aware of and agree to the statements below:
- The Authority will provide inspection services to the Property Owner at no charge for the first visit to the Owner’s property. For the second and other subsequent site visits to the Owner’s property as a result of negligence by the Owner or any representative of the Owner (i.e., Owner’s Contractor), the Owner will be billed a minimum charge of $50 and will also be billed on an hourly basis at a rate of $50 per hour for inspections lasting more than an hour prorated on a quarter hour basis. A minimum 24 hours notice must be given to the sewer inspector when the building sewer is connected to the public sewer system and ready for testing.
- The Property Owner hereby indemnifies the WBRA from any and all damages that may result from the Property Owner choosing not to install a running trap.
- The Property Owner hereby indemnifies the WBRA from any and all damages that may result from the Property Owner choosing not to encase a sewer lateral which is located within a horizontal distance of less than 50 feet from water well.
- The Property Owner hereby acknowledges that 4-inch lateral pipe is acceptable, but that 6-inch pipe is recommended. Certain properties will have to utilize 6-inch pipe due to minimum slope requirements.
- The Property Owner and/or Contractor retained by the Property Owner acknowledge that before excavation begins, that the Pennsylvania One Call System must be notified at 1-800-242-1776.
- If the Property Owner and/or Contractor retained by the Property Owner needs to use the WBRA’s rights-of-way, then such parties shall execute the WBRA’s agreement for temporary use of such right-of-way. The Property Owner and/or Contractor shall be responsible for any and all damage to the WBRA’s rights-of way, including but not limited to seeding, grading, curbs, sidewalks, etc.
- The Property Owner and/or Authorized Representative understand that sewer billing will begin the 1st of the month following connection. Property owner will be responsible for all sewer charges incurred at the above property.