After listening to our customers, WBRA will be switching from Coupon Books to Postcards starting in January. WBRA is also switching to a new billing software which will allow customers to have better access to their accounts and more ways to pay. With this new billing software, customers will have a different account number. If you have payments automatically sent to WBRA please change the account number on them. Your new account number will be located on the Postcard.
Payments may be dropped off at our office during normal office hours and can be placed in the box located at the cul-de-sac on Girton Drive where the WBRA office driveway starts. Please do not place cash in the drop box. For your convenience, payments can also be dropped off at the Montgomery Borough, Muncy Creek Township Offices and outside the Muncy Borough Office in the drop-box. The mailing address for WBRA has also changed. Once again, if you have automatic payments sent to WBRA, please change the mailing address. The new mailing address is:
West Branch Regional Authority
127 Girton Dr
Muncy, PA 17756
Unfortunately, with the increase in costs over the last couple years, WBRA is implementing its 1st rate increase since we were founded in 2012. For Residential/Commercial Customers, the rate will be increasing by $3 a month from $55 to $58. Industrial customers will be receiving the same 5.5% increase on their bills.
Payments can still be made by ACH, Credit Card, Money Order, Check or Cash. If you would like to sign up for ACH, you can return the enclosed form or sign up through the new customer portal offered with the new billing software. All current ACH payments will continue in 2021. Again, with the increase in costs of Credit Card processing, WBRA will be unable to keep the Credit Card transaction free to our customers. All Credit Card payments will have a $2 convenience fee added to them.
New Billing Software for ALL Customers
For the upcoming year, there will be several changes to how customers can pay and get information about their bills. With the new billing Software WBRA will be able to offer the following options:
• Electronic billing sent via email instead of receiving Postcards
• Paying with a Credit Card in the office, over the phone & online
• Setup reoccurring payments by Credit Card or ACH from a checking or savings account
o ALL CURRENT ACHs SET UP WILL CONTINUE INTO 2021
• Online access to review your account history and usage, etc.
o Instructions on how to set this up are included with this letter.
o Customers with multiple properties will be able to have all accounts under 1 login
Muncy Water Customers ONLY
WBRA has taken over the billing for the Muncy Borough Municipal Authority. Some changes you will see in regard to the billing include:
• The water and sewer bills will now be on the same bill. A postcard with both balances will be mailed out each month.
• There are now more options to pay your water bill. You can still pay by Check, Cash or Money Order. In addition to that, you can pay by Credit Card and ACH Payments.
o ACH Payments will come out on the 15th of each month.
o IF YOU CURRENTLY HAVE YOUR SEWER BILL SET UP FOR ACH, THE WATER PAYMENT WILL ALSO BE AUTOMATICALLY DEDUCTED. YOU CAN’T HAVE SEWER SET UP FOR ACH AND NOT WATER. IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL YOUR CURRENT ACH PLEASE CONTACT THE WBRA OFFICE.
• The online portal is also available for water only customers. See the enclosed instructions to sign up.
• Starting with the February Postcard, your water bills will look different. The meters will still be read every quarter but the base price will be divided into 3 months. Any extra usage will be billed at the end of each quarter. The total will be the same but payment breakdown is different.
o Example – Customer uses 10,000 gallons per quarter
• Base usage (0-5,000) Gallons – $45.36
• 5,000 overage ($8.47 per 1,000) Gallons – $42.35
• Total Quarterly Bill = $87.71
• Base usage (0-5,000) Gallons – $46.32 is Divided by 3 for $15.44 per month
• 5,000 overage ($8.47 per 1,000) Gallons – $42.35 added on the 3rd month
o 1st Month Bill = $15.12
o 2nd Month Bill = $15.12
o 3rd Month Bill = $57.47
Total Quarterly Bill = $87.71
If you have any questions, please contact the WBRA office at (570) 935-0087.
Have a healthy and safe New Year,
West Branch Regional Authority